West and West are dedicated in providing ongoing training and development for their engineers and trainees.
As a growing company we train new apprentices with plenty of opportunities to progress throughout the company. As one of our apprentices you will receive fully comprehensive onsite training, one to one with our JIB graded and approved electricians and offsite training with industry specialist JTL, either in one of their training centres or your local college. If you are interested in an apprenticeship with West and West send your CV to email@example.com or give us a call on 01869 241024
From one of our recently qualified apprentices:
“I wanted to get into an electrical trade because I enjoy a challenge and like to learn new things every day. I do something new every day such as putting up cable containment and wiring smaller circuits like fire alarms and security or pulling in heavy duty cables and working on switchgear.
Every day is different and things are constantly fresh. There is always something new to learn or a new way to do it. I enjoy being able to look back at my day’s work and take pride in what I have done. I get a great sense of achievement.
The training I received from both the company and JTL was simply faultless and it enabled me to get the most out of my apprenticeship. I’ve grown a lot of self confidence as a result. I was encouraged to ask questions and not to be afraid of making mistakes as it’s all part of learning and becoming better.
I would like to move into designing a job to a client’s specification and learn about estimating materials and labour costs I can look ahead to my future with great excitement.”
Are you a JIB approved electrician?
West and West Limited is a progressive, expanding electrical installation and contracting, family run company and are seeking enthusiastic JIB Approved Electricians to join our team and be a key contributor to the Company’s future.
In line with our Vision to expand and grow the business, there will be opportunities for career progression within the company.
Our offices are based in Bicester with the majority of our current contracts in London, Reading, Slough, and Maidenhead. Are you able to travel and/or use the train for London based projects?
You will work on a variety of projects from complete installations to refurbishment works in commercial, industrial, educational and new-build bespoke residential properties to carrying out data, fire and security and emergency lighting installations together with maintenance of these.
You are a perfect fit for us if you
- have completed a JIB apprenticeship of 4/5 years duration
- or your apprenticeship has been completed in the Armed Forces
- hold an ECS Gold Card
- hold a City and Guilds testing and inspection qualification
- have a superior knowledge of current regulations
- be able to work from specifications and drawings
- have impeccable working standards
- hold a full driving licence
- be able to work alone or as part of a team
- be punctual, self-motivated, reliable and conscientious
- The benefits package includes (after a qualifying period)
- Pay rates are in line with the JIB/ECA agreement with a holiday entitlement of 22 days plus bank holidays. Overtime is usually available but not guaranteed.
- Membership of The BlueSky Pensions, formerly the JIB Pension Scheme
- BUPA membership with direct access for musculoskeletal problems (no need to see a GP)
- Additional sickness benefit via the JIB credit scheme
- Company van